Day 01 - A show that should have never been canceled
Day 02 - A show that you wish more people were watching
Day 03 - Your favorite new show (aired this TV season)
Day 04 - Your favorite show ever
Day 05 - A show you hate
Day 06 - Favorite episode of your favorite TV show
Day 07 - Least favorite episode of your favorite TV show
Day 08 - A show everyone should watch
Day 09 - Best scene ever
Day 10 - A show you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving
Day 11 - A show that disappointed you
Day 12 - An episode you’ve watched more than 5 times
Day 13 - Favorite childhood show
Day 14 - Favorite male character
Day 15 - Favorite female character
Day 16 - Your guilty pleasure show
Day 17 - Favorite mini series
Day 18 - Favorite title sequence
Day 19 - Best TV show cast
Day 20 - Favorite kiss
Day 21 - Favorite ship
Day 22 - Favorite series finale
Day 23 - Most annoying character
Day 24 - Best quote
Day 25 - A show you plan on watching (old or new)
Day 26 - OMG WTF? Season finale
Day 27 - Best pilot episode
Day 28 - First TV show obsession
Day 29 - Current TV show obsession
Day 30 - Saddest character death
This one is a tie for me for two different reasons.
( A show that should have never been canceled )
Number of Fics This Year: 9
Wow. That is a HUGE difference. I have never ever written that little fanfic before. Last year I wrote 29. How did I manage that? Just what did I do this year? I worked on some original fic, but barely any of that either. This must be fixed in 2010.
( The List )
Looking back, did you write more fic than you thought you would this year, less, or about what you'd predicted?
Wrote way, way less. I'm kind of shocked how little I've written.
What's your favorite story of the year? Not the most popular, but the one that makes you happiest?
Probably The Genesis Variant. It certainly wasn't the highest in quality of my fics and its pacing wasn't as tight as my other stories, but I had a lot of fun with it and with it being such a tough year for me, writing something different and odd was enjoyable.
( More Under the Cut )
So that's for the writing review of 2009. I may sneak another one in by the end of the night since I'm not doing anything.
2. Make an entry in your own journal and talk about the icons I chose.
I've always loved Ellen and I thought she was amazingly awesome in the last episode we saw with her. I've always been a huge fan of Ellen and Dean scenes, and while I don't ship them at all, I just really love their dynamic. I see her as a no-nonsense motherly type to the boys :)
Dean/Jo. My new love. SPN remains all about the boys for me, but I've grown to become a Dean/Jo shipper. Pretty harcore, actually, for someone like me. Though, I feel like I've missed the party or something and most people have moved on. Little lonely, but I'll manage :)
icon by ramoniciu. I wanted a Ruby icon and decided on this one. I prefer Katie's Ruby to Gen's, though I'll eventually upload a Gen!Ruby icon to my list. I just loved how this looked. You can tell she's plotting just by the look in her eyes.
icon by mata090680. One of my fave icon makers here. There's just something about this scene that is chilling and heartbreaking. Heartbreaking because Sam is falling apart and the brothers' relationship is strained. Chilling because it casts Dean as an interrogator, which calls back to the darkness he acquired in his time in Hell.
icon by peacefully. I mean, who doesn't love Kermit the Frog? I adore him to pieces. Such a big part of my childhood and my favorist Muppet.
Clois! I love Clark/Lois. Instead my stern, gen-loving self beats the heart of a true romantic. Clark/Lois is my OTP. I have loved them since I was a kid and their romance is one that is classic, epic, and timeless. This icon is from an episode of Smallville and while the episode itself was meh, I couldn't help but make on icon of such a pretty image from the episode :)
Those of you who answered the Icon Meme #1 and this post, I'll be asking you about your icons tomorrow. So be ready :)
2. Make an entry in your own journal and talk about the icons I chose.
Okay, I am doing meg_tdj's first because I was mean and never did this meme last time. She picked all icons I made, so I will credit me in advance. Thanks Kerri!
This is Mulder from the second episode of X-Files ever. I love that episode and that scene is just stunning. Okay, it's stunning in the icon but as far as 90s effects go, not so much anymore. I still love this show so much. I made it to try to rekindle my heavy XF squee. It's still there but too much else going on right now.
As much as I love Alec and how Jensen played him in Dark Angel, I don't really ship Max/Alec. I ship Max/Logan when it's not stupid. And back at this point, it wasn't stupid at all. I loved how he was brainy, wordly, but in a wheelchair and how she was superpowered, moible, but in many ways naive. Their devotion to eahc other was very touching.
Meg chose one of my wing!fic icons. Bwahahaha. I've created a series where Dean gets wings, and he and Sam are trying to figure out how, why, and then how to reverse it. I haven't published many of the fics online yet, even though I've written a few, since I want the starter fic up and it's taking forever. But this icon is one of a few that were made specifically for my series. I'm self-centered like that ;)
Oh, this icon is special to me. I usually don't have time to really make icons where I merge images, but this one I did. And it really speaks to how I see part of the relationship between Dean and Cas. I call it "Castiel's Charge" and it's basically Castiel guiding and watching over Dean. Now, there's much more to their relationship and Dean also guides and watches over Cas, but I was focusing on this one aspect when I made the icon :)
I have a major kink for Dean in a graveyard. He's just so amazingly competent and smart and awesome in scenes like this. I really liked playing with the colors and contrasting the light and dark in this icon, so it's easily one of my faves.
Because our Winchester boys know how to strut and do their thang.
For each of your fandoms, name
1. (worship!) A character you absolutely worship
2. (more!) A character you'd like to see more of
3. (destroy!) A character you could drop off the face of the canon/fanon/fandom, etc
4. (hit list) A character you'd like to have #1 kill
5. (sex list) A character you'd like to have #1 sex
6. (ressurection!) A character you'd like to un-kill.
( Supernatural )
( Smallville )
( Lost )
1. I've made a career out of writing essays. Not exactly, but I won an essay contest when I was in 1st grade where I read the essay on the radio and was able to lead the parade at the circus that came to town. I won again in 3rd grade, but no circus this time *sad* I won another essay either in 8th grade or 9th grade - can't remember - where I was invited to Washington D.C., but I opted out because it scared me. I also won a Martin Luther King Jr. essay in 10th grade where I had to read in front of an entire congregation. I was following a sermon by their reverend. No pressure. It went well and I was interviewed later. I think maybe I am persuasive with words, but I don't see it.
2. I was assessed to be gifted at an early age. Don't remember how it all started, but the school officials took me out of my normal class and stuck me in some class for gifted creative students. I barely remember the class - I was in Grade 1 - but I can recall one class. They stuck a bunch of clay in front of me and wanted me to sculpt. (Pretty good that I didn't freak considering my fear of clay - thankyouverymuch Gumby and the Clay Monster.) I remember all the other kids went nuts and started creating right away. I stared at the clay for a long time. I wanted to make some kind of princess or fantasy creature, but I knew it never would be perfect so I froze. I think maybe the school people made a mistake ;) Anywho, they also wanted me to skip a grade but my parents said no. I'm thankful they did.
3. I talk to dead people. Maybe. Either I have an overactive imagination, am crazy, or just something I can't explain, but I've had several deceased people tell me things in dreams. The biggest example is that for several years my grandmother would come to me in dreams and tell me events that would happen in the future. Recurring dreams. And then the events would happen. That was different. I've had other people tell me things - boxes hidden here, go tell this or that, but I never did because I figured I just being silly again. Who knows. It hasn't happened in a while, though. I also sometimes can hear snatches of conversations before they happen and I've been told by a psychic once that I am clairaudiant or something like that, but I don't believe it.
4. I've seen UFO's. If I couldn't get weirder. I have seen lights in the sky. They chased each other - they would go straight up, down, zip backwards and front again. To this day, I still have no clue what they were. Maybe something military or something else natural over the water. No clue. But they were unidentified and flying and objects, so they fit the bill even if little grays weren't piloting them ;)
5. I tend to use self-depreciating humor to get a laugh. It's my schtick. Can you tell?
This is yet another Supernatural friending meme for the hiatus, but not just for the show. Aside from meeting more Samgirls or Deangirls, this is for people that are looking to make creative fandom friends - maybe you're an artist looking for fellow artists or a ficcer who would like to meet other ficcers to chat with - and maybe even share something in common beyond the show.
Disclaimer: While this is open to everyone, my primary goal is to meet more fans that don't wincest or slash in this fandom. I know many lovely people who do and that's cool, but I would love to meet some more gen or het people. So if you are a genner or a het fan, please make your voice heard :)
If you are not satisifed within 90 days, please fell free to defriend for a full refund...or something like that ;)
Comment with a story I've written, and I will tell you something I knew, learned, or wondered about while writing it that didn't make it onto the page.
SG-1 Gen Fic
SG-1 Ship Fic
SG-1 Slash Fic
Smallville, Dark Angel, etc.
RL will not win! I shall conquer *brandishes foam sword*
Number One: 20 Things
Answer these in a comment and then post in your LJ so I can do it for you.
01. Give me a nickname and explain why you picked it
02. Am I lovable?
03. How long have you known me?
04. When and how did we first meet?
05. What was your first impression?
06. Do you still think that way about me now?
07. What do you think my weakness is?
08. Do you think I'll get married?
09. What makes me happy?
10. What makes me sad?
11. What reminds you of me?
12. If you could give me anything what would it be?
13. How well do you know me?
14. When's the last time you saw me?
15. Ever wanted to tell me something but couldn't?
16. Do you think I could kill someone?
17. Describe me in one word.
18. Do you think our friendship is getting stronger/weaker/or staying the same?
19. Do you feel that you could talk to me about anything and I would listen?
20. Are you going to put this on your livejournal and see what I say about you?
1) Make a list of 15 characters.
2) Assign each character a number.
3) Without telling anyone who's on the list or the character's assigned number, get questions from your flist about what they'd like to know about them. IE: "If 3 and 4 were trapped in a cave together with only a blanket and a toothpick, what would they do?" (The more random the better!)
4) Post the answers and who was who on the list.
Your result for The Perception Personality Image Test...
NBPC - The Daydreamer
Nature, Background, Big Picture, and Color
You perceive the world with particular attention to nature. You focus on the hidden treasures of life (the background) and how that fits into the larger picture. You are also particularly drawn towards the colors around you. Because of the value you place on nature, you tend to find comfort in more subdued settings and find energy in solitude. You like to ponder ideas and imagine the many possibilities of your life without worrying about the details or specifics. You are in tune with all that is around you and understand your life as part of a larger whole. You are a down-to-earth person who enjoys going with the flow.
The Perception Personality Types:
Not 100% me, but there is no question I am a big daydreamer.
Oh, methinks I'll be spamming LJ today. This is what happens when I am done with my work...
Read the questions. Erase previous person's answers. Type your own answers. ;)
1. How long have you been writing?
2. Do you prefer poems or stories?
3. Do you aspire to getting your work published?
4. Have you had anything published? If so, what? [if they can be found online, link to them]
5. What are you working on now?
6. What do you use to get the creative juices flowing?
7. Do you show your poems/stories to others?
8. Do you write fanfiction?
9. Do you prefer to write original fic or fanfic?
10. Do you want/have a career that involves your writing skills?
1. Do you prefer to rhyme or not?
2. What rhyming format is most popular in your poems? [abab, aabb, aabba, etc]
3. What is your longest poem? What was the subject?
4. Do you write poetry for fun?
5. Will you share any of your poems with your friends list? [link to them, or paste at the end of this post]
1. Have you completed a story? If so, how many?
2. What is your longest piece of fiction? [by word count]
3. What genre do you prefer to write?
4. What time of day is the best time for you to write?
5. Do you have any of your stories online to share with your friends list? If so, link to them.
1. Which medium do you prefer to write fanfic for? [TV, film, books, other]
2. Which fandom do you write for most?
3. Do you get many readers for your fanfic? [pimp it here if you like]
4. Do you prefer to write one-shots or ongoing tales?
5. How do you get inspired to write your fanfic?
So go on and fill it out yourself. Let me know if you do, in case I miss it. If you can't tell, I love talking about writing :)
That is a good question. I don't read as much as I should, since having been corrupted by fanfic and lost in the world of non-fiction. (Though, my plan is to remedy this starting next month. Yay for more reading again!)
That said, to be honest, it is very rare that I put down a book and walk away. Even the crappy ones I will read to the end. Maybe it's my stubbornness or my need to know how it ends no matter how bad it is.
Now, sometimes I will put a book down and due to time constraints don't pick it back up for a long time. It's rare, but when that happens it's usually because:
1. Thickly written accents. Look, I appreciate that you want to show your characters have accents, But it's hard to read and it breaks the pace for me.
2. Long, long, long passages of description. I honestly don't care about the history of ivy. Seriously.
Those are just two examples. And I read those two books to the end even if it pained me to do so.
But I can see myself putting a book down and never going back if the author romanticized rape, incest, or any kind of child abuse. I'll pass, thanks.
I'll answer the other questions in a bit. If you still want to ask me anything, please do so here: http://moonshayde.livejournal.com/
Please feel free to also link me to yours -- I'm behind on the LJ fun stuff -- that way I can do the same for you :)